Low temperature battery3.7V Lithium polymer battery for operating under low temperature up to -50℃
Low temperature battery is a special type lithium polymer battery which has excellent low temperature endurance, the continuous operating temperature range is -50℃~+50℃. PD high temperature battery is designed for applications which always work under very low temperature freezing cold environment. Such as some heating clothes,heated shoes,portable electronics.
1-What is low temperature battery.
Low temperature battery is the battery which can operate under extreme low temperature, such as -50℃,-40℃,-30℃. This type battery is a special battery designed for applications working under cold environments, for example, heating shoes,heating clothes. In winter, the temperature in many area such as north North America,Denmark,Norway,Swidzland,Russia can be as low as minus 30℃, even-50℃. This range is beyond the temperature range of normal lithium polymer battery which can work with at most -20℃, then the -40℃ and -30℃ low temperature battery is in great need to keep people warm and run their electronics.
A typical application is the refrigerating transportation industry, Temperature sensor is playing important role in monitoring the real-time temperature changes. Normal lithium polymer battery can not stand with the freezing cold environment in the transport vehicles,because -30℃~-50℃ is beyond their operating range -20℃~+60℃, Even under -20℃~0℃, normal lipo battery can only discharge 10%~20% capacity, sometimes it even doesn’t work at all. However, low temperature lipo battery can always work very well under the extremely low temperature and release much higher capacity. This is exactly what a refrigerating vehicle needs.In the recent years, PD low temperature battery was widely used by many cold-chain logistics companies and greatly improved their efficiency.
Low temperature battery major technical specs:
- Nominal voltage: 3.7 V (or other custom configuation such as 2S,3S)
- Charging voltage: 4.2 V (or 8.4V, 12.6V)
- Discharging cut off voltage: 3.0V or 2.75V
- Charging cut off voltage: 4.2V
- Charging temperature: 0℃~+45℃
- Operating temperature: -50℃~+50℃.
- PCM(protection circuit) Required: Yes
- Capacity: custom
- Dimension: custom
- Typical application: GPS tracking devices, refrigerating logistics,heating shoes,
2- Features of PD high temperature lithium polymer battery
Why low temperature battery is so important? With the most important low temperature endurance, It has ability to work under -30℃~-50℃ low temperature environment for long time, and during this special time, it can keep great discharge performance and maintain high ratio capacity.
Difference between low temperature battery and normal LiPo battery.
- Operating temperature: low temperature type is -50℃~+50℃. normal type is -20℃~+60℃.
- Under -20℃, low temperature type remains 90% capacity, normal type degrades to 20% fast.
- Under -30℃, low temperature type can still work with 0.2C current and remains 80% capacity, normal type can not work.
- Under -40℃, low temperature type can still work with 0.2C current and remains 60% capacity, normal type can not work.
- Under -50℃, low temperature type can still work with 0.2C current and remains 40% capacity, normal type can not work.
3- FAQ about low temperature battery.
Question 1: How long can your low temperature battery work under -20℃,-30℃,-40℃,-50℃ temperature?
Answer: Generally speaking.
- Under 0.2C discharge current, it can last for 4~5 hours under -20C low temperature.
- Under 0.2C discharge current, it can last for 4 hours under -30C low temperature.
- Under 0.2C discharge current, it can last for 3 hours under -40C low temperature.
- Under 0.2C discharge current, it can last for 2 hours under -50C low temperature.
Question 2: How to order low temperature battery?
Answer: The process to order our low temperature LiPo battery is as below:
- Confirm battery voltage,dimentions,capacity,discharge current,operating temperature, application,assembly
- We offer you with battery solution with quotes
- Confirm datasheets and order
- We send you invoice for payment
- Start battery manufacturing.
- Battery get ready and be delivered to you.
Question 3: What kind of Gurranty do you have for your low temperature battery?
Answer: We offer one year gurranty for our 3.8v lithium battery products, We can take responsibility to replace if the defects are caused by manufacturing after investigation.However, if the problem is caused by incorrect dispatch, wrong operating,abused use, then its beyond our responsibility.
Question 4: How long is your lead time for the low temperature LiPo battery?
Answer: For battery samples, If we have the same or compatible LiPo battery cells available in stock, then the lead time is generally 4~7 days. If there is no stock, we need to take 2~3 weeks to produce it.
For mass production, it takes generally 30 days when there is no stock. If there is enough battery in stock, it takes about 1~2 weeks.
Question 5: Can you customize a special low temperature Lithium polymer battery for us?
Answer: Yes. We can customize 3.8v high voltage of different capacity, capacity and different shapes according to your specified design requirements. After receiving details of your requirements, we will evaluate and get back you with battery solution for your confirmation, if you are not satisfied, we can adjust solutions till you say ok.
Question 6: Do you offer datasheets/specifications for your low temperature batteries?
Answer: Yes. We will confirm with you on the main parameters of the 3.8v LiPo battery, such as the dimensions, capacity, cables, connectors,discharge current. Then we will offer official battery datasheet for your approval.
Question 7: Do you have lab testing data for your low temperature battery?
Answer: If we have it in stock, you can order any quantity. If it’s out of stock, generally speaking you need to order 5k pcs to start production, however, to support your project, before mass production, we can support one or two small quantity production.
Question 8: Can you arrange battery shipment for us ?
Answer: Sure. We can transport our lithium batteries to you through UPS, FEDEX,DHL. You can choose door to door express, airport to airport, seaway. It takes generally 3~4 days to arrive EU customers by UPS, 5~8 days by FEDEX.
Contact us with your inquires(batterylipo.com)
Tell us what kind of LiPo battery you are looking for:
2-Capacity you hope to have
4-Work current of your device
5-Cables and connector